Auto Accident Injury Treatment at Cornerstone Chiropractic
If you were in an auto accident recently, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Roberts or Dr. Laurenzi at Cornerstone Chiropractic. Whether your accident a week or a month ago we still encourage you to give us a call—you never know if hidden joint misalignments or other issues are affecting your health! Our drug-free and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic services can optimize healing from an auto accident injury.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
Auto accident injury can occur in minor or severe accidents. Common conditions we see include:
- Whiplash: if the neck forcefully changes directions then whiplash symptoms can develop including headaches, ringing in the ears, jaw pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain and stiffness
- Dashboard knee: traumatic impact of the knee against the dashboard can cause bruising and patellar damage or dislocation
- Shoulder dislocation: if the shoulder joints is forcefully pushed out of alignment, then shoulder and arm pain and immobility can develop; damage to the brachial nerves in the shoulder, rotator cuff muscles, and the joint capsule can also occur, leading to long-standing instability and other symptoms
- Sciatica: sciatic nerve compression in the lumbar spine due to a herniated or bulging disc, a joint subluxation, or a muscle spasm
Why an Auto Accident Injury May Not Show Up Immediately
You may be surprised to know that even if you feel "fine" after your car crash, you could still be dealing with some underlying injury. This is because flight or fight hormones can mask pain and may take days or weeks to return to normal resting levels, especially if you remain highly stressed or if you have a history of trauma. If a hidden injury is left untreated, it could get worse as time passes.
How a Hiram Chiropractor Can Alleviate Your Auto Accident Injury
A Hiram chiropractor can alleviate your auto accident injury in several ways:
- First, we can determine the underlying diagnosis and related factors through physical tests, x-ray imaging, and personal history
- We can also control inflammation and reduce pain and swelling with service like cold laser therapy and massage
- We can also improve your alignment, reduce tension, and prevent recurring instability with services such as chiropractic adjustments and corrective exercises
Need Help Healing From an Auto Accident Injury? Contact Cornerstone Chiropractic Today!
Auto accidents, even minor ones, can be extremely stressful. Let us help you take care of you physically and mentally by calling Cornerstone Chiropractic at (770) 439-7765 to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor in Hiram GA.